PRN Healthcare is a Queensland based nursing agency dedicated to providing high quality staff across to healthcare providers across Queensland.
We are currently employing second and third year nursing students to work as casual personal care workers (PCW / PCA) around Toowoomba and surrounding area.
- You will assist clients in their homes, providing assistance with services and activities that are centred around clients’ needs and enabling them to remain independent in their own home.
- You will be working day shifts.
- You will need to be available for at least two day shifts between Monday and Friday. Of course, if you are able, you are welcome to be available for extra shifts.
It is essential that you have your own car and and open Australian drivers licence for this role.
Is this the right role for me?
- This role would suit self-motivated nursing students who are looking to gain extra skills and experience to make themselves more competitive after graduation.
- This is a casual on-call position, offering an excellent solution to the challenge of balancing a changing uni schedule with the need to work.
- Benefits of working for an agency include the flexibility to balance your limited time between classes, assignments and clinical placements while gaining vital hands-on experience.
- Work with an agency who understands the challenges of juggling study and work and needing time off for clinical placements.
- Attractive hourly rates and weekly pay
- No night shifts
- Providing care in accordance with clients’ care plan
- Assisting with showering and dressing
- Toileting assistance
- Respite care
- Meal preparation
- Light household duties including cleaning
- Toileting assistance
- Transportation to appointments
- Medication reminders.
What do I need to apply?
- Live within 30 minutes of Toowoomba
- Available for an immediate start
- Available to work at least two day shifts between Monday and Friday
- Currently studying a Bachelor or Diploma of Nursing
- Completed two nursing clinical placements as part of your course
- Current Police Check
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR
- Australian Open Drivers Licence
- Own vehicle with insurance
- Immunisations as per QLD Health requirements
- International students must have a minimum of 6.0 in each category of the IELTS or a minimum of 58 in each category of the PTE.
Sounds Great! How do I apply?
If this sounds like just the opportunity you’ve been looking for, send your resume to email@example.com and call us on 07 3394 8335 to discuss the role.